CBISA Basic Training is a hands-on training course to provide new users the basic information to get them started using our software. This course is designed for Administrators, Coordinators, and Finance Personnel responsible for capturing, tracking, and reporting community benefit statistics, narratives, and outcomes. This course is a full day, hands-on training with assignments and practical application exercises and discussion. All attendees should have have a current and active CBISA user account before attending. A training manual, lunch, and snacks are provided.
Please note: This basic training course is for active CBISA users.
Who should attend?
- Relatively new CBISA users who have never attended a training OR
- Experienced CBISA users who could use a refresher
- CBISA System Administrators
- CBISA Coordinators
- CBISA Finance Personnel responsible for the IRS 990 Schedule H
Topics covered include:
- Basic Training (Navigating CBISA, Defaults, Role-Based Access)
- Setting Defaults for Consistent Data Entry
- Understanding Indirect Cost Factors and Average Salary Rates
- Capturing Program Information (including “what counts” as Community Benefit)
- Role of Finance
- Telling Your Story
Key Learning Objectives:
- Learn how to set up your workstation to properly view CBISA and navigate through the various modules and sub menus
- Learn through hands-on practice (each student will have their own workstation)
- Understand the importance of correctly entering in the quantifiable community benefit program, statistical occurrence, and financial information into CBISA
- Learn how to capture narrative and evaluation information in CBISA
- Discuss “what counts” issues and “best practices” with peers
Lyon Software also offers an Advanced Training course, the day after Basic Training. You may register for one or both.
There are no sessions currently scheduled.