|     |      |     |

Attention CBISA Users:

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Lyon Software will be operating at full capacity, but our employees will be working remotely from home until further notice. For fastest responses to the following topics of inquiry, please use the following email addresses:

For all other inquires, please leave a detailed voicemail with return contact information at 419-882-7184, and your call will be returned within 1 business day.

Best Wishes,
Lyon Software Management Team

Tracking Contract Employee Hours

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Posted by: Erica Thrash-Sall, St. John’s Health System

Date: January 26, 2010, 8:49 am

Do you track contract employees’ community benefits? For example some of our physicians are not employed by our health system, but they conduct community benefit activities for the health system.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Angela Haggard, Provena Health

Date: January 26, 2010, 9:49 am

No, since this is not an expense to the health system it would not be considered community benefit. Our state attorney general tracks community volunteer hours so that is where we would track this information.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Tina Heater, St. Francis Medical Center – Grand Island

Date: January 26, 2010, 9:53 am

I wouldn’t think that you could count his time as it didn’t cost you anything. I would be interested to hear what others have to say on the subject.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Sr. Lethia Marie, Sisters of St. Francis

Date: January 26, 2010, 10:07 am

What we track in employee community benefit projects (if I am understanding you correctly) is what comes from the facility’s pocketbook. A rule of thumb is “whose’ bank account does it come out of?” If for instance in the Christmas Baskets project sponsored by the employees, we do not count any of the donations given by the employee since they pay for it out of their pocketbook. They are using their money to pay for the items.

If however an employee, during work time, spends time collecting the donated items, packaging, and/or delivering the items, then the money is coming out of the facility’s pocketbook. The facility in essence has pay them to do this work. We record the time, materials, room space, gas if employee has been reimbursed etc. We view this as what has been donated by the facility towards the project. We do record people served and what was accomplished or delivered in the notes and recorded any Leadership Journals entries pertaining to the project.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Karen Yates, St. James Hospital and Health Center

Date: January 26, 2010, 12:54 pm

I do count the donated items as a value given and under “income” I count the exact same amount as having been received so they do cancel each other out.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Carol Candor, Bayhealth Medical Center

Date: January 26, 2010, 10:55 am

I’d like to know about contract staff also. I have two questions:

1. We have staff who are working under State of DE contracts with us. Their salary is being paid by these contracts. The contract money comes to us and we pay the staff. Is this a contract employee or can this arrangement be considered a type of grant?

2. We also have contracts for staffing with profit corporations which run certain departments such as Food Service and Environmental Services. I don’t count community benefit information from these employees because their salaries are paid under a contract with a for profit.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Jo Anne Leslie, Henry Ford Health System

Date: January 26, 2010 1:02 pm

I think it depends on whether or not St John is paying them for this service. Or are they doing this as a private physician? For example, if they are paid a teaching stipend or Medical Director stipend, (as some of the docs are/may be), then it wouldn’t count because it would be outside the parameter of what you are paying them to do.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CBISA Community™ Archive’ is closed to new topics and replies.