|     |      |     |

Attention CBISA Users:

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Lyon Software will be operating at full capacity, but our employees will be working remotely from home until further notice. For fastest responses to the following topics of inquiry, please use the following email addresses:

For all other inquires, please leave a detailed voicemail with return contact information at 419-882-7184, and your call will be returned within 1 business day.

Best Wishes,
Lyon Software Management Team

Second Chance Employers & Non-English Speaking Hires

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Posted by: Morgan Robinson, Borgess

Date: April 07, 2015 9:30 AM

My organization is considered a second chance employer—utilizing some of their entities, such as laundry services to hire in minority populations who are trying to rebuild themselves within the community. Is this considered community benefit and if so, how would you categorize it? I feel as though it meets guideline 3 in the manual, but I would like a second opinion.

Also, if these same entities also target hiring minority populations that do not speak English, who may not be hired into other positions within the community, because they cannot speak English—how would you report this as well.

Thank you for your help/input!
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Response: Peter Morgan, Adventist Medical Center-Portland
    Date: April 13, 2015 10:56 AM
    Morgan,

I would count this under F8 Workforce Development. I would not count it as a category 3 as the hiring addresses a social determinate of health as oppose to a health issue
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CBISA Community™ Archive’ is closed to new topics and replies.