|     |      |     |

Attention CBISA Users:

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Lyon Software will be operating at full capacity, but our employees will be working remotely from home until further notice. For fastest responses to the following topics of inquiry, please use the following email addresses:

For all other inquires, please leave a detailed voicemail with return contact information at 419-882-7184, and your call will be returned within 1 business day.

Best Wishes,
Lyon Software Management Team

Reporting Donations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Posted by: Aileen Beltran, Texas Children’s Hospital

Date: January 22, 2010, 11:39 am

I wanted to check in to understand whether organizations are entering in Community Benefit designated donations as one occurrence (since this will be reported on one line of Schedule H, i. Cash and in-kind contributions to community groups)

-OR-

Choosing to instead separate out donations (ex. Lyons uploaded Activities divide donations) into:

• Cash Donations/ Emergency Assistance

• Cash Donations/Non-for-profit Community)

• Cash Donations/Scholarships to Community Members

The latter would be more time intensive, though I wanted to understand how other CBISA users are approaching reporting their designated donations. Thank you for your time and your insight!

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Angela Haggard, Provena Health

Date: January 22, 2010, 12:53 pm

We enter each donation as a separate occurrence. The reporting for the 990 will roll all the occurrences up into 1 line item of Donations.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Michelle Brooks, University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina

Date: January 22, 2010, 10:31 am

We report cash donations that are health related under one activity. If they are related to Health professions education or any other category we enter under that. ie a cash donation to a community college for nursing instructor salaries would go under an activity “Health professionals education – nursing”. I am see now that there are positive and negative aspects of different methods of organizing the activities.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Beth Phillips, Kettering Health Network

Date: January 25, 2010, 8:59 am

We enter each donation as its own occurrence. If donations would ever be questioned, the report has everything listed out as opposed to a lump sum number.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Roxanne Hull, Yavapai Regional Medical Center

Date: January 25, 2010 9:15 am

We enter each donation as its own occurrence. If donations would ever be questioned, the report has everything listed out as opposed to a lump sum number.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CBISA Community™ Archive’ is closed to new topics and replies.