|     |      |     |

Heart Health

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Posted by: Katie Heinzen, Phillips County Hospital

Date: June 01, 2015 12:32 PM

So we’ve started up doing community running/walking events with each event also being associated with a health related issue. (Obesity and more health education are two issues that came up on our CHNA). In Feb., we did an educational piece about heart health with free blood pressure checks for the community. In May, we did an ovarian cancer memorial run for a well-known person in our community who passed away from the disease which included education about symptoms, early detection, etc. My question is, for the memorial run, the family wanted the money donated to the hospital to help pay for patients who are unable to afford treatment. How do I reflect this in community benefit. I started to enter it into CBISA and go stuck with what to do with amount of money that we brought in. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Response: Laura Sessum, SRHS
    Date: June 01, 2015 12:41 PM
    You can only count your expense associated with the run, e.g., paid staff time organizing the run and creating the educational pieces, printing costs, donated food/water, etc.

From my understanding of your email, the donation was money raised from participants, correct? If that’s the case, then it’s not a hospital expense and cannot be counted as a community benefit.

I would only include it in the notes section of CBISA, because I like to share how much was raised at various events, but it isn’t counted as a community benefit expense.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Response: Peter Morgan, AH

Date: June 01, 2015 1:18 PM

I agree also. Be aware that the donated funds may need to be treated as a restricted donation and counted as offsetting revenue. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Response: Carrie Artman, Glenbeigh
    Date: June 01, 2015 1:47 PM
    I am wondering if indeed it would be community benefit. How I am reading the email is that the money was raised for the family not for the hospital … the family not the participants donated it to the hospital from their own initiative. The memorial run itself was for community benefit not to benefit the hospital. Am I reading the email correctly? _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CBISA Community™ Archive’ is closed to new topics and replies.