|     |      |     |

Attention CBISA Users:

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Lyon Software will be operating at full capacity, but our employees will be working remotely from home until further notice. For fastest responses to the following topics of inquiry, please use the following email addresses:

For all other inquires, please leave a detailed voicemail with return contact information at 419-882-7184, and your call will be returned within 1 business day.

Best Wishes,
Lyon Software Management Team

Determining Hourly Rates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Posted by: Carol Candor, Bayhealth Medical Center

Date: October 9, 2009, 8:32 am

How do you obtain your hourly rate numbers? I thought the hourly rates were to be derived from numbers on the Medicare Reports.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Augusta Mueller, Yale-New Haven Health

Date: October 9, 2009, 10:00 am

We use a facility-wide average rate using a specific range position codes. Note I have been advised that since we apply the average rate not to utilize an indirect cost factor. Last year we compared the average rate of one year to a tiered rate system the prior year and there was not a significant variance. Given the large number of facility reporters at the hospital the average facility wide rate is our chosen method.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Carol Candor, Bayhealth Medical Center

Date: October 9, 2009, 10:19 am

No, we don’t use an indirect cost factor either, and we also have tried the tiered rate system and the average rate for specific positions. I agree that the average rate seems to work the best when using reporters to input data. I am wondering in which financial report are you finding the rates to average?

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Angela Haggard, Provena Health

Date: October 9, 2009, 10:17 am

We use average budgeted salary by department which we obtain annually from finance. We also have a hospital-wide average.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Samantha Frost, Ochsner Clinic Foundation

Date: October 9, 2009, 11:32 am

HR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CBISA Community™ Archive’ is closed to new topics and replies.