|     |      |     |

Determining Hourly Rates

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  admin 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Posted by: Carol Candor, Bayhealth Medical Center

Date: October 9, 2009, 8:32 am

How do you obtain your hourly rate numbers? I thought the hourly rates were to be derived from numbers on the Medicare Reports.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Augusta Mueller, Yale-New Haven Health

Date: October 9, 2009, 10:00 am

We use a facility-wide average rate using a specific range position codes. Note I have been advised that since we apply the average rate not to utilize an indirect cost factor. Last year we compared the average rate of one year to a tiered rate system the prior year and there was not a significant variance. Given the large number of facility reporters at the hospital the average facility wide rate is our chosen method.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Carol Candor, Bayhealth Medical Center

Date: October 9, 2009, 10:19 am

No, we don’t use an indirect cost factor either, and we also have tried the tiered rate system and the average rate for specific positions. I agree that the average rate seems to work the best when using reporters to input data. I am wondering in which financial report are you finding the rates to average?

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Angela Haggard, Provena Health

Date: October 9, 2009, 10:17 am

We use average budgeted salary by department which we obtain annually from finance. We also have a hospital-wide average.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Samantha Frost, Ochsner Clinic Foundation

Date: October 9, 2009, 11:32 am

HR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘CBISA Community™ Archive’ is closed to new topics and replies.