|     |      |     |

Attention CBISA Users:

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Lyon Software will be operating at full capacity, but our employees will be working remotely from home until further notice. For fastest responses to the following topics of inquiry, please use the following email addresses:

For all other inquires, please leave a detailed voicemail with return contact information at 419-882-7184, and your call will be returned within 1 business day.

Best Wishes,
Lyon Software Management Team

Community Benefit Newsletter Examples

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Posted by: Roxanne Hull, Yavapai Regional Medical Center

Date: February 15, 2010, 12:45 pm

We are considering posting a monthly newsletter on our Intra-net, which may later be added to our Website, as a way to educate staff and ultimately the community about our Community Benefit program. Does anyone else do something similar, and if so, would you have an example to share? I want to keep it simply (one page) if possible. Since we are still fairly new to the CBISA world, the first newsletter would be an intro type newsletter. I would appreciate any help/suggestions.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Jennifer Olson, Winona Health

Date: February 15, 2010, 12:52 pm

We have put a one page CB update in our “Vitals” which is our employee newsletter. I’ve attached the format I’ve used which is simple to understand. Hopefully this helps!

Community Benefit Numbers for August

*The total community benefit amounts represent staff time with benefits and supplies.

Total number served = 2,122

Total community benefit = $47,855

Examples of community benefit activities for September

Ben & Adith Miller Fund & Uncompensated Care at Cost = $36,776

Helped 30 qualified individuals with financial assistance for medical bills

Flu Hotline = $1,119

Provided and staffed a hotline for community members to call and ask about flu like symptoms and flu shot clinics.

Community Health Improvement Services = $4,765

Community Health Talk on “Urinary Incontinence,” support groups and classes offered at Winona Health.

Health Professions Education = $3,769

Medical students training with therapy staff, radiology and bio med.

Financial and In-Kind Contributions = $614

Donation to Winona Symphony Orchestra and gift baskets to non-profit silent auctions.

Community Building Activities = $812

Planning for Healthy Kids Club year 3 and meetings to address “bullying in our community.”

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Roxanne Hull, Yavapai Regional Medical Center

Date: February 15, 2010, 2:14 pm

That is great!!! Do you high light different activities each month?

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Janette Polaski, William W. Backus Hospital

Date: February 15, 2010, 12:53 pm

We do a monthly newsletter which we print out and distribute to departments and patients, and also post on our internet for public viewing. Each month we feature a particularly active department, a new program, or a particular category from CBISA. You can see our newsletters on our website: http://www.backushospital.org We have posted through September 2009 but will be updating it with October 2009 – February 2010.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Roxanne Hull, Yavapai Regional Medical Center

Date: February 15, 2010, 2:14 pm

Thank you Janette! These are great examples. I appreciate your response.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CBISA Community™ Archive’ is closed to new topics and replies.