|     |      |     |

Attention CBISA Users:

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Lyon Software will be operating at full capacity, but our employees will be working remotely from home until further notice. For fastest responses to the following topics of inquiry, please use the following email addresses:

For all other inquires, please leave a detailed voicemail with return contact information at 419-882-7184, and your call will be returned within 1 business day.

Best Wishes,
Lyon Software Management Team

Coalition Building and Advocacy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Posted by: Roxanne Hull, Yavapai Regional Medical Center

Date: February 25, 2010, 11:09 am

I’m still trying to figure out what fits into these two activities…. For instance, I have a nurse that participates in the following monthly meetings:
    Arizona School Based Health Care Council – Board of Directors Yavapai Communities for Kids Citizen’s Review Panel (Reviews State Child Protective Services System)

Are these Coalition Building or Advocacy activities????

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Renee Hanrahan, Via Christi Health System

Date: February 25, 2010, 11:47 am

I would ask the nurse to provide you with the mission statement of these two organizations so that you’d have a better ideal on where to place her time and expenses. Make sure she is the “official” representative for the hospital and then ask her to let you review some of the agendas and/or meeting minutes so that you can ascertain where these should be placed in CBISA.

Since one is directly related to health care, I’d be more likely to place it in Donation: In-Kind: Board Membership (assuming the agenda/minutes accurately reflect that title). Depending what role she plays on the second group, I’d most likely count that under Community-Building: Coalition. Hope that helps!

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Roxanne Hull, Yavapai Regional Medical Center

Date: February 25, 2010, 12:19 pm

Thank you so much for your response! That really helps.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Michelle Brooks, University Health System of Eastern Carolina

Date: February 25, 2010, 3:21 pm

If the nurse is representing the hospital on these committees and not volunteering his/her time, I would think the first could be documented under in-kind donations as it seems to be health related. The second, I would count under community building.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CBISA Community™ Archive’ is closed to new topics and replies.