|     |      |     |

CHNA

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Posted by: Katie Heinzen, Phillips County Hospital

Date: May 29, 2015 2:10 PM

I have a question about how to record our hours/cost for the CHNA. We started planning and working on it the month before the end of our fiscal year, but then the survey was completed in the next fiscal year. So which fiscal year do I count that in? ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Response: David Glass, Baptist Health System, Inc.
    Date: May 29, 2015 2:20 PM
    I would think you could count a small portion of it in the year when you started planning and working on it; however, it may not be material to split it out like that. You may just want to include the entire cost in the year in which it was substantially completed.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Response: Jo Anne Leslie, Henry Ford Health System

Date: May 29, 2015 2:28 PM

Hi Katie,
    You should count the cost in the year(s) you worked on it/incurred the cost.
    I would think you would incur costs in both years.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Response: Peter Morgan, AH
    Date: May 29, 2015 2:45 PM
    Katie,

Record your expenses in the year that were recorded on your GL. Wages in the last month of your fiscal year can be recorded in either year depending on when the pay period ends and the actual payday. Check with your accounting office for charification. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Response: Marti Bailey, Sibley Memorial Hospital
    Date: May 29, 2015 3:35 PM
    My assessment is that it counts in the year in which the work was actually performed. Any other ideas/input out there?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Posted by: David A. Rupprecht, St John Providence Community Health
    Date: May 29, 2015 3:40 PM
    When the expenses hit the GL, but would ask your finance team member for certainty
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Response: Augusta S. Mueller, Yale New Haven Health
    Date: May 29, 2015 3:55 PM
    Hi – Hope you are well. We have a similar situation where we provided funds for the primary data / survey portion of the work before the end of our last fiscal year yet the work including the survey is taking place in the current fiscal year and the secondary data collection and final assessment document will be completed in the next. In other words we have spread the expense and the process over three fiscal years. To that end the CBISA entry used is the date of the actual check request or the date the check was paid. In terms of hours mine along with two others involved in the effort are already portioned out at a community benefit (I’m 100%, others are a variation) so it is already allocated within the fiscal year.

As for others in the process and specific to your situation if it is only one month I would likely use the end date as a line in the sand and allocate all within the fiscal year where the large majority of the work took place. Any more than two months I would portion between the two fiscal years. Hopefully that makes sense – you need to do what you feel comfortable with reporting. All best, Augusta
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Response: Sue Szumski, Morris Hospital and Healthcare Centers
    Date: June 02, 2015 9:52 AM
    We count the hours/cost in the year in which the work was actually performed. We also count the hours/cost for evaluating programs included in the Implementation Strategy that accompanies the CHNA and any updating that is needed. We also count these costs in the year the work is performed.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CBISA Community™ Archive’ is closed to new topics and replies.