|     |      |     |

Attention CBISA Users:

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Lyon Software will be operating at full capacity, but our employees will be working remotely from home until further notice. For fastest responses to the following topics of inquiry, please use the following email addresses:

For all other inquires, please leave a detailed voicemail with return contact information at 419-882-7184, and your call will be returned within 1 business day.

Best Wishes,
Lyon Software Management Team

CBISA plus and linking programs

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Posted by: Elisabeth Lucas, The Valley Hospital

Date: January 14, 2015 10:18 AM

I was wondering how people are linking programs that fall outside of the needs assessment? For instance, we do a lot of community building activities such as (extensive) disaster preparedness and health professional education. Are people leaving those types of programs unlinked, or are they adding needs that were not identified on the needs assessment. I understand that we shouldn’t be counting things not identified on our needs assessment however we now realize where we need to enhance our needs assessment next round. I would appreciate any suggestions people can offer.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Response: Amy E. Prestanski, Scottsdale Healthcare and John C. Lincoln Health Network
    Date: January 15, 2015 11:25 AM
    I have added the needs identified by the local and state health departments in addition to the ones identified by my hospitals. I just uncheck the CHNA reportable checkbox and put the data source as the county/state CHA/SHA.

My local health department has developed a cross-sector partnership for health improvement that we participate in and this will hopefully help me identify objectives that align with their CHIP.

When I link programs to needs, I try to think outside the box. The definition of health is no longer limited to just the acute care setting. Participating in projects related to Policy, Systems, and Environmental Changes will have huge impacts on the health of a population. A program that may not seem to have a short term impact on health, like disaster preparedness or health profession education, can have long term impact on chronic disease management and prevention.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CBISA Community™ Archive’ is closed to new topics and replies.