|     |      |     |

Board Oversight/Governance of Community Benefits

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  admin 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Posted by: Annamarie Golden, Baystate Health

Date: October 9, 2009, 10:31 am

I work in Government and Community Relations at Baystate Health in Springfield, MA. A colleague and I are doing best practice research regarding community benefits oversight/governance, specifically at the hospital board level. I would like to invite you to take a few minutes of your time and answer some questions below regarding your hospitals oversight of community benefits.
    Survey questions:

1. Does your state require hospitals to report annually on community benefits?

a. If yes, who oversees community benefits in your state? (Attorney General, Department of Public Health, etc.)

b. If yes, does your state require hospitals to have a board approved community benefits plan based on a community needs assessment?

2. Does your hospitals board have oversight over community benefits?

a. If yes, does the board have a community benefits committee?

b. Are members of the community benefits committee required to be members of the board of trustees or are other community members allowed to participate on the committee?

c. What is the membership size of the board community benefits committee?

3. If your hospital is part of a system, does each hospital entity have its own community benefits advisory committee (made up of internal and external stakeholders)?

Please feel free to share additional information about oversight and governance of your hospitals community benefits. Also, if available, we would appreciate seeing a community benefits organization chart or description on the management and reporting structure for community benefits at your hospital.

admin
    Keymaster

Response: Carol Candor, Bayhealth Medical Center

Date: October 9, 2009, 11:36 am

No Delaware does not require a cb report
    No our Board does not have oversight
    We do not do our cb reporting separately …it’s one for all

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘CBISA Community™ Archive’ is closed to new topics and replies.