|     |      |     |

Athletic Training

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Posted by: Barb Kann, Summit Community Services

Date: April 28, 2015 8:13 AM

Would providing an athletic trainer to the local school district qualify as community benefit? How about sports performance or strength-training services? Any thoughts or ideas you can share; or, if this is education and teaching safe training. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Response: Nancy Zuech Lim, NLIM
    Date: May 01, 2015 9:23 AM
    Barb,
    A good question when determining if the activity is CB is why are you doing it? What are you hoping to accomplish/change? Does it tie back to your CHNA or a community need defined by another entity?
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Response: Elisabeth Lucas, The Valley Hospital
    Date: May 01, 2015 9:27 AM
    Hi Barb,
    I count the athletic training services we provide to local schools. We do get reimbursed so I offset it. The reimbursement covers the hourly costs but does not cover overhead or benefits.
    I do not count our medical fitness services because there is a cost for people to participate and the fitness center does not offer scholarships or low-cost memberships.
    The other services by our medical fitness center that I count as CB are undergraduate and graduate student training/ mentoring, coaches clinics and seminars/ symposiums that are free to the public.
    Sincerely,
    Liz
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CBISA Community™ Archive’ is closed to new topics and replies.