CommunityCommons.orgPosted by: admin | Posted on: August 29, 2013
At Lyon Software, we often come across fantastic resources. Community Commons is one of those that can really make a difference in your programs and your organization’s impact.
“Community Commons is an interactive mapping, networking, and learning utility for the broad-based healthy, sustainable, and livable communities’ movement.
Registered users have FREE access to:
- Thousands of map-able geographic information systems (GIS) data layers and tables displayed at varying geographies for all communities in the United States;
- An application program interface (API), providing free interoperable access to data;
- Contextualized mapping, reporting, data visualization, and sharing abilities;
- Searchable profiles of place-based community initiatives and multi-sector collaborations;
- Peer learning opportunities to explore similar topics and share best practices;
- Spaces for individuals and communities to share narratives, interviews, videos, images, documents and other online resources;
- Searchable profiles of hundreds of place-based community initiatives and multi-sector collaborations working towards healthy/sustainable/livable/equitable communities; and
- Peer learning opportunities with colleagues across the country exploring similar interests and challenges”
It truly is an amazing resources with tons of FREE data on all sorts of indicators. It can help with a community needs assessment, setting goals or measuring your impact. I suggest everyone check it out.
You can read more about Community Commons and create your own data maps here.